Thursday, November 13, 2008

Calling all Troops: Austin's Awesome 4th Birthday


On Saturday we celebrated Austin's 4th birthday. What a big boy I have now. Time is flying by. And with each year, he gets a little easier. :) This year he wanted to have all boys at his birthday. He wanted a "boy birthday". He originally wanted a Curious George birthday, but after going to ALL of the stores in Idaho Falls, I could not find any Curious George stuff. Course I found them online and the wanted a million bucks for it. :) So his second theme he picked out was the military theme. We had a lot of fun with that. When the kids got there, they got a dog tag, a military metal, and some face paint on their faces. They got a kick out of that.


Everyone Dressed up for his birthday. Even baby Hannah put on some of her older brothers cameo. :) Everyone looked great.

Singing Happy Birthday to the birthday boy. He was so excited to turn 4.

We played all sorts of games. This one I was a drill Sergent and the boys had to do exactly what I said for boot camp. They LOVED IT. Unfortunately by the time we got the video camera running. They had run out of steam.


They had to throw their parachuted man into the landing zone.

They also had to get thier light sticks and search for the "injured soliders" in the basement.

They did a pinata, played hot grenade, and played Sergent says too. All the games were a hit. Then it was time to open presents. Usually the highlight of the night. :)


After it was all said and done Austin gave some love to his Sergent Mommy. We found out later that all the boys loved the party. One of them wouldnt take off his dog tag. EVER. One of them wouldn't take off his face paint till right before church on Sunday. And one of them told his mom, "it was better than my birthday, your birthday, dad's birthday, and my brothers birthday, all put together." Wow - that s a pretty good birthday. :)

Happy Birthday Austin

7 comments:

Krissy said...

DANG VANESSA! You're SO creative! How did you come up with all of that??? I can tell it was so much fun... I may come to you for my next ideas needed for the kids birthdays. LOL

Katie said...

what a good mom!

Laura G said...

You are so cute! Dayton had soo much fun. He was talking a mile a minute when I picked him up. Thanks again for inviting him!

House of Smiths said...

So cute! I love it.. What fun to have a little boy!
Shelley

C. Leah said...

Okay, so I'm thinking that your job needs to be a party planner/caterer! Seriously girl, how did you come up with all that! I'm just going to hire you to do all my kids birthdays. :) (Caleb's is in December, btw). lol

District 6 Festival Committee said...

Very Cute. He is such a funny kid. Whenever I am helping in sunbeams he just cracks me up.

Alan & Debbie said...

Vanessa that was such a great idea! I really do think that you put the rest of us to shame. You can definitely see how much you love your kids. The time you put into them is phenomenal! Keep up the great work!