Monday, October 13, 2008

Weekend Fun

This weekend was a busy one. We left on Friday and went down to the in laws house. Madison didn't have school, and Kevin got off of work early, so we went down. We all hung out Friday night, and then on Saturday, we had girls craft day. We made 2 different witches. I only take claim on putting them together and painting them. My mother in law and sister in law cut the wood out. Then we headed back home that evening. We got a babysitter, and went out to eat at Chili's with his mom and dad, and his brother and wife. After that we went to The Haunted Mill. Okay, this was SCARY. I get scared easily, but this lasted for like 30 mins! I kept waiting for it to be over so I could calm down.... but it went on and on. You had to crawl through things, climb up things. And let me tell you, if you were the least bit heavy, you wouldn't be able to make it through some of the passage ways with out doing some major sucking in. LOL. We even had to cross an old rickety bridge over a river. And of course Kevin's brother couldn't help but shake it. I thought it was going to bust and we were going to fall to the bottom. And of course they put me 2nd to the front so that they could get me. :) It was fun though. Then yesterday (Sunday) I got in a baking mood and made homemade biscuits and gravy for breakfast. Then made pumpkin pie, and then homemade clam chowder for dinner. We had some friends over for games that night too. We played Pinochle and the kids had their own fun. Madison and their little boy Dayton were so cute. They played the whole night together. And that was my weekend. Lots of fun, and full. Tonight were going to go pumpkin picking.

4 comments:

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

those halloween things are just adorable! if I had painted them they would NOT look that good!
And being scared...I am the QUEEN of being scared!
The kids are so cute!

Laura G said...

So, I found your blog!!! Send your email address to lauraoliviagrover@gmail.com and I'll invite ya! I love those 2 pics of the kids. Darling!

District 6 Festival Committee said...

Cute Witches! I haven't made something like that forever. Darling. You might need a nap after such a full weekend. :)

C. Leah said...

Dang girl, you had another busy weekend! I love those witches...you did good job painting them!