Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Fall is here


As I woke up this morning to it being 63 degrees in the house, and a lot lower outside, I'm reminded that it is fall. Today I'm torn between loving fall and hating it. I always love the changing seasons.... the new smells, looks, feels, and clothes. (maybe it mostly the new wardrobe) :) Fall has so many good things to it... beautiful leaves changing colors, the start of many fun holidays, yummy foods like pumpkin pie, pumpkin cookies, hot chocolate, and egg nog, to name a few. The feeling of putting on a jacket and having that brisk feeling hit you when you walk outside. The smell of snow not far away. Living where I do I get to enjoy all four seasons. Football season starts. So I love all these things.... but this year we had an extra long winter, which meant summer started late. So I'm torn with loving fall, and not wanting to give up my shorts and flip flops yet. Laying out in the sun and reading a book. Playing baseball out side with the kids (and not freezing to death) Watching them play in the sprinklers. All these things are making it hard for me to be ready for it to be over. What do I do? Well I have to get over it. CUZ ITS HERE. :) I'll just focus on the positives of fall (the clothes and food are at the top of the list!). Today after Madison gets out of school were going to go pick corn to f
reeze. Yet another fun thing of fall is to can and store. "Harvest" So that should be fun, and we'll get some fun pictures out of it too. I guess in the end, I'm looking forward to another change of season. Fall or not Fall that is the question.

2 comments:

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

Love the fall pictures! TOO DANG CUTE. And I know you would look adorable in that sweater!
Give me the fall. I love all the things you love! It's getting more fall like here too...but not like it is where you are!

C. Leah said...

I love those pictures too! :) I love fall...I'm one of those people who get tired of seasons early. So before summer was even over, I was begging for cooler weather, pumpkin -everything- and my blue jeans! :)