Monday, September 29, 2008

Harvest Directions


Okay, so I've had some requests for the instructions on how to do the Harvest display. The credit for this design came from wonderfullywordy.blogspot.com. You can also email her at casonshelley@gmail.com for the complete package, and she can ship it to you. Here are the directions:

1. Go to a vinyl distributor and get her to make the word HARVEST. HVT is 8"x 4.5 ". AE are 4"x 4.5". And RS are 6"x 4.5".

2. Get 2x6 board cut 3 at 9" 2 at 7" and 2 and 5"

3. Sand and Paint blocks. (spray paint is fast and easy)

4. Cut cute scrapbook paper the size of the blocks. Rip the edges and then apply stamp pad to the edges, making it look burnt or roughed up.

5. Glue down the paper to the boards with modpodge. (read directions on modpodge) you want to apply a lot and then scrape down with a credit card. Then wait 15 mins for it to dry.

6. While your waiting for it to dry apply the letters to the paper. Ask your vinyl lady how if you dont know.

7. When 15 mins are up, Modpodge on top of the letter and and paper. It will seal it and give it a glossy look.

8. 15 more mins and then you can decorate! Buttons, ribbon, leaves, and riff raff make this project!

* note if you want to do a smaller scale on a 2x4 do same sizes but make letters 2.5 inces wide instead. I wanted something big. Ours cost about 18 dollars to make.

3 comments:

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

THANKS!
And thanks for the comments on my page! I am glad you liked it! :-)

Krissy said...

I love that. I'm seriously going to do it. Here's the thing. I found an online vinyl lettering place ... and it's gonna cost me 31.90 without tax OR shipping for the letters!!! Where did you get yours for so cheap!?!?!? lol I may need you to be my personal shopper. lol

C. Leah said...

I was going to ask the same thing, where did you get the vinyl letters? :)

Thanks for posting the directions!