Thursday, September 25, 2008

What a morning!

I AM POOPED! Let me tell you about the morning I've had. So my house is up for sale as everyone knows. And I've done a pretty good job (for having three kids) at keeping it clean. All until this weekend. We put our carpet in, so doors had to be taken off, furniture had to be relocated, and the house got trashed. Then yesterday I worked for hours and hours on corn. Which was a success by the way. I shuck and blanched 130 pieces of corn. Whew. But everyone knows what happens to your house when you let 3 monkeys take over and your adding to the mess with lots and lots of dishes. So this morning, I wake up, feed the kids, and get them settled into a cartoon, and sit down to check my email, and blogs and stuff (its my morning wake up time) and I get a phone call. OF COURSE ITS THE REALTOR. But here's the kicker. Its not someone wanting to look at the house, it is a whole bunch of other Realtor's coming to look. Annnnndddd..... he's had this planned for 3 weeks and not told me!!!!! Well not till this morning at 8:30 and they were going to show up anywhere between 9-12!!!!! So I freaked, and banned Kevin from going to work until he helped me put the doors and closets back on. Then I raced to clean whatever I could before they got there. Of course my poor kids got the blunt of my stress. Lets just say there was yelling involved. Meanwhile I still have to get Madison ready for school and the other kids dressed. Just as I was cleaning up the last thing they showed up. Phew. House looks good. I told them I couldn't leave because of Madison going to school. So like 20 people come in, my Realtor says go for it, and they all scatter. They gave themselves a self tour and left! Just like that. No explanations of all the goodies that the house offers. Nothing. All of that pain, stress, and torture and that's it. I'm a little aggravated. So I'm venting. I hate this part of selling your house. But on the up note, my house is clean, and I'm going to go to my in laws house and meet up with my sister in law and mom in law and can peaches and do a cute craft. I'll post pictures tomorrow. Kevin is watching the kids. I'm taking a break. :)

3 comments:

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

WOW VANESSA! YOU done good! your house must have been too bad for you to get all of that done before they got there! I HATE, did I say HATE selling a house while living in it! It's AWFUL! I hope it all goes well!
I am glad you are getting a break!
And you look so PRETTY too!

C. Leah said...

HOLY COW GIRL!!! What are you, SuperWoman?? :)

I'm impressed...your house looks amazing in those pictures! I don't know what all you did to have to clean, but you did an awesome job! Props to you!!!

C. Leah said...

P.S. Love that picture of you!!!